A Death Unmournable
Okay, lemme get this straight:
– Emma can’t take time to mourn Neal b/c she’s busy on the trail of the WW. (And throwing angry darts like she’s Graham in his S1 centric) And, more importantly b/c she’s **Emma** and she’s all, like closed-up/closed-off and keeps her emotions bottled up.
– Snow and Charming can’t mourn Neal b/c if they developed a relationship with him in the lost year, they can’t remember it—and prior to that he was at best a recent acquaintance with whom they were cordial but hardly intimate.
– Henry can’t mourn Neal b/c he doesn’t remember ever having met (much less loved) him.
– Rumple can’t mourn Neal b/c the WW has his dagger and is controlling him and most of what he does.
– Tink can’t mourn Neal b/c the show has forgotten that they once intimated that the two were acquainted in Neverland.
– Pinocchio can’t mourn Neal b/c it’s unclear if he is part of this new curse, and, having received his ‘second chance’ prematurely, he no longer remembers any of his interaction with, manipulation of, and across-a-decade acquaintance with Neal.
– Belle can’t mourn Neal b/c although WE remember they went on an adventure in the EF, she’s can’t.
– Regina can’t mourn Neal, b/c at best when she looks at Emma she’s thinking about her *own* loss of Daniel, and about how now that extra ‘person’ is totes out of the way when it comes to figuring out future Henry custody arrangements.
– and Hook can’t mourn Neal…because he seems to have completely fabricated a boy (and a mentor-mentee relationship) he affectionately calls ‘Bae’ that he spent significant time (if not a significant amount of time) with once, long ago. When he thinks about that time, it seems to give him indigestion, but not any actual pricks of conscience for what went down in that past.
That about right? Nobody with the time and/or memory to mourn Neal Cassidy?
Yep. Seems about right.