Home › Forums › Once Upon a Time › Character discussion › Emma + Baelfire = Swanfire › Reply To: Emma + Baelfire = Swanfire
Answers to OUAT that I better freaking get before the show is over
1. Why did A&E obviously set up swanfire in S2 and then completely change everything to fit a CS endgame in S3?
2. If CS was “planned all along” then why did they set Hook up as “villain worse than Regina or Rumplestilstkin”? To follow that up, why did they have Hook beat innocent women and threaten innocent lives and sexually harass our heroine? Is this really how a romantic hero should be set up?
3. Why did they have Neal’s entire arc about second chances, and then not give him one? To follow that up, why did they have rumple tell him he would find happiness if he obviously wasn’t?
4. Why did they have Emma admit her love and need for Neal, and then in S3 she didn’t give two cents about him? Such as flirting it up with Hook, and concerned about his safety but not the father of her child’s, the one she “loves”?
5. Why is Hook continuously shown as a cheating fraud, in contrast to Neal staying good and selfless, yet Neal is rotting in a coffin and Hook is living it up with the dream girl? Shouldn’t it be reversed?
6. Why is Neal set up as an important character, and then barely shown in S3? To follow that up, why is an irrelevant character like Hook given way more screen time than needed in S3?
7. Why did they, including MRJ, tell fans to “have hope for Swanfire” when they “planned” Neal’s death a long time ago? Pretty sick move by both if that’s true.
8. Why is Emma portrayed as a woman who wouldn’t take crap from any man in S1&2, yet in S3 she is passive to Hooks disgusting remarks to her, and even flirty and giggly towards some of them, such as the corset comment in the finale?. The Emma I know would have snapped at him for that.
9. How come even Neal’s own father, who spent centuries trying to find him, accepted his death and didn’t even bother to save him?
10. Why would Emma lust for Hook, knowing all the crap he put her, Henry, and other innocent people through?
11. Why is Bluecricket not canon yet?
12. Why is CS being pampered, despite the fact that compared to the fandom as a whole, it’s incredibly small?
13. If they were going to kill Neal off and make CS endgame, why tease Swanfire? Why make it seem like Neal was important? They still could have given Neal a happy ending, he could have had his papa and Henry, and later down the line another special someone? And if like most believe, and Neal’s death was sloppily planned to end the LT, why couldn’t they just have swanfire “break up” and move on? Emma and Neal didn’t been get to work through their baggage. Neal still could have had a happy ending, there was no need to kill him.
14. And lastly, am I honestly supposed to accept that an abusive, creepy, sniveling pirate is the romantic hero for our protagonist, and he will be loved by all and have everything he ever wanted, while the REAL hero, who was brave, selfless, pure and good, gets to rot in a coffin?
If anybody can answer these feel free because I’m so lost and confused with everything that is OUAT, now excuse me while I get tested for E.coli because I have swallowed so much crap this past season.
Co-Mayor of Sad Town | Twin of Co-Mayor of Sad Town | #HopeforRogueBison