Home › Forums › Once Upon a Time › Character discussion › Why is Hook such a divisive character within the fandom? › Reply To: Why is Hook such a divisive character within the fandom?
1. So we’re just ignoring that he says “it will be because you want me”? He’s not forcing her, he’s not taking away her agency. He’s making his intentions clear but like with everything that has happened in the CS relationship it’s at Emma’s pace. Emma makes all the decisions and Hook is fine with that.
Despite Emma rejecting both Hook and Neal in Neverland, Hook is still telling her that she’ll end up with him and its only a matter of time.
2. I’m not going to entertain it because it’s your headcanon and not based on actual canon of the show. Hook screwed up because he wanted to be able to hold Emma with two hands on their date and so he bit off more then he could chew. Meanwhile Rumple was being Rumple.
Hook tried blackmailing Rumple for personal gain (his hand) and it backfired on him spectacularly. That was actual canon of the show. Hook basically said to Rumple unless you give me what I want, I’ll tell Belle you have the real dagger. That is blackmail. Hook had already pulled that card once on Rumple, this was his second time of doing it.
3. How do I explain the sudden change with Hook? The fact that Zelena gave him back the memories of what happened to him. They were all mindwiped but she waved the Dreamcatcher in his face and he was able to regain everything that happened. That’s why the change was so sudden, and that’s when the Darkness took over again. Because of Zelena giving him back his memories. I will never excuse DO Rumple for the crap he’s done especially ever since he made Hook’s sacrifice in vain and became the DO once again. In the beginning I did, but not anymore. It’s not a double standard either, he just loves power more than everything else and people just have to accept that about him.
The writers have character assassinated Rumple because they need someone to be their substitute villain for when the seasonal villains are defeated. The excuse about Hook being memoryless doesn’t fly since he still should’ve been able to see Nimue because he was still a dark one. He might not know why he was seeing her, but he still should’ve been able to see her. If a memory wipe can stop a dark one being a dark one then why doesn’t someone just do a memory wipe on Rumple? The writers completely botched the DO mythology.
4. Well they are the creators of the show, and from the show that just gave us the disgusting Rumple and EQ pairing it would not surprise me.
So you’re saying you would accept that Sneezy and Granny were true loves, despite not being shown anything to hint to that, all because A&E say they are?
5. Yeah after she asked Charming if he wasn’t pushing her towards Neal because he wanted to keep her away from Hook. Cause that’s what she said. If that wasn’t enough the following episode Going Home made things pretty clear that it was CS. They got the meaningful goodbye.
Charming let Emma make her own decision. She chose to go meet Neal until the shadow attacking the blue fairy side tracked her.
6. No it was not, it was Hook’s. (x)
If you look at the background you can clearly see Hook’s grave. That’s where Hook popped out from then he walked a couple of feet where Emma ran to him. Killian and Robin were buried less then 50 feet apart but that doesn’t mean they were at Robin’s grave. They were not.
Hook’s grave looks like this.
You can’t see Hooks grave in the background in the pic you posted. However, Emma is wearing the same clothes so his grave is somewhere but it’s certainly not where Hook appeared. And they are at Robin’s grave because his coffin is right there when Hook appears.
7. I am saying this is what the show said, this is what the writers said, this is what the actors said, and if people choose to accept it or not is not my problem. It’s canon, it happened, they’re true love, it’s done.
Again you’re ignoring the fact that we’re being TOLD it’s true love outside of the show rather than being SHOWN it is inside of the show. By that logic Emma and Neal were true loves because Belle said the swan pendant were born of true love.
All magic comes with a price!Keeper of Felix