Home › Forums › Off-topic › Everything else off-topic › The 100 › Reply To: The 100
I was expecting big things from ‘Gimme Shelter’ thanks to the Hypable preview, but it was a slight let down. Not bad, just not great.
– Octavia and Ilian got together – I knew it! Octavia’s made some progress in processing her grief, so good for her. I wonder where this new path will take her (apart from Ilian’s farm).
– The black rain storyline was disappointing. I would have cared more about the Harper stuff if I’d actually known the man she was crying over. Bellamy’s desperate attempt to save people was…well, it got boring for me. We already know about Bellamy’s saviour complex. It was nice that Kane felt so protective of Bellamy, but the rest of the dialogue was a drag (apart from ‘I’m proud of you’). People acting irrationally due to issues, and having to be talked down gets old pretty quickly.
– Abby and Kane’s conversation was alright, but there was nothing new there either. We’ve established many times over that you have to do unpleasant things to survive. The very fact that Abby feels repulsed is proof that she’s not losing her humanity. So just grit your teeth and do it Abby. Or EVERYONE dies. The conversation felt more like Abby seeking validation than anything else.
– The best parts of this episode were the domestic moments with Clarke, Emori and Murphy. Clarke had a relatively stress free time this episode :O! It was wonderful to see her put her feet up for a well deserved moment, but it was quite literally just a moment, as a banging window brought back the usual violence and life and death decisions. Oh, and Murphy cooking? ‘The 100’ writers have been delving into some cute fanfics, that’s for sure.
– The problem with Emori’s backstory was that it was a whole lot of exposition dumped on us very suddenly. No show, all tell. I felt like I couldn’t really connect to it, or to her.
– These people are smart, so it’s astonishing that they believe that one test subject will be enough. Are they really expecting the first or second trial to be successful?