1. One character wants a second character to call him/her by a new name, but the second character isn’t feeling it.
Snow wants Emma to call her “Mom” but Emma reverts back to calling her “Snow.” Sounds like Emma has come to terms with being a mother to Henry, whereas she still struggles most with being a daughter, because that makes her vulnerable to be reliant on her mom and dad.
2. “Your father’s a distrustful fellow.”
Says Hook to Emma because Charming doesn’t like seeing the way Hook looks at his daughter.
3. The flashback portion puts a really good spin on a classic tale, incorporating it into the current cast of characters in an unexpected way.
Sword in the stone is a reference to the legend of King Arthur. However, this time Snow is going to pull the sword out of a stone to prove she’s the rightful ruler, not Regina.
4. “I take it from your tone, perms are bad.”
Emma tells Hook about his cartoon image self with big curls that looked like a perm. Hook thus replies that perms must be a bad look.
5. Magic can’t make one believe.
Sounds like Emma. Even though she herself has done magic several times, she still lacks belief that she could live happily ever after too since her whole life has been difficult. I wonder if Emma doesn’t believe in her own happy ending. Emma said in the pilot that she’s not in any story. But she is. She said she is a real person. While that’s true, she’s also a fairytale character. Remember that promo pics of Emma in Snow’s dress which so many people dislike? Well, I said then that Emma wearing her mom’s dress symbolizes Emma coming to terms with being Snow White’s daughter. Emma has to let herself be happy. She never really has had that chance before and now she must fight to give herself that chance by getting Henry back. Maybe Emma needs to find her happy thought.
6. This episode features what might be Jennifer Morrison’s best acting on the show to date.
I can’t wait! She’s been so good in so many episodes, that I’m looking forward to seeing her acting chops in full force.
7. We think Captain Swan shippers are going to have a lot to be happy about.
Enjoy it while it lasts since we know Neal is going to make it to NL by 3×7.
8. Rumple fans should also enjoy themselves.
Epic Rumbelle scenes have been promised to us.
9. There is a heartbreaking, albeit long-time coming, Charming family moment.
I’m guessing that Emma gets into a verbal row with her parents.
10. “Yes, blame me — again.”
Snow says this to Regina, since Regina always blames Snow for everything.
"That’s how you know you’ve really got a home. When you leave it, there’s this feeling that you can’t shake. You just miss it." Neal Cassidy