Jane Espenson is a genius, and fooled us again!
Big thanks to our sponsors!
- Gold E. Locks aka Goldie
- Amanda Robar
You can sponsor ONCE podcast, too!
Bandwidth sponsor: Christian Meets World is a weekly podcast dedicated to interfacing Christianity with the world. Hosted by Jason Rennie, explore discussions about politics, worldview, philosophy, and more, all comparing to a biblical worldview. Join the conversation today at ChristianMeetsWorld.com.
Sponsor: GoToMeeting with HD Faces makes it easy to collaborate online anytime. Try it Free!
These are just our first thoughts about this Once Upon a Time episode, and we’ll share more in our upcoming full episode.
Some of our interesting discussion points (in no particular order):
- August’s motorcycle in the title screen
- August is having weird spasms. Maybe he’s turning back into a wooden boy?
- We momentarily believed that August was Baelfire, but he’s not. Now we’re back to asking “WHO IS HE?”
- Whom did August call and say, “this is taking too long”?
- Gold broke one deal in his life, and we got to see it.
- Rumplestiltskin created the curse for Evil Queen, but also as his way to finally get back to his son Baelfire.
- David partially mans up and takes responsibility
- Welcome home, Mary Margaret! “We’re glad you didn’t kill anyone Mrs. Nolan!”
- Mr. Gold said of August Wayne Booth, “Clearly a false name. If anyone knows about names, I do.”
- August visits the nun’s place and talks to mother superior (AKA Blue Fairy)
- Magic bean leads places, could this have come from the stump that was later used to send Emma?
- There is no magic in this world, but Jefferson, Mr. Gold, and August all believe Emma has magic that she doesn’t know.
- August is definitely from Fairy Tale Land, and he’s sick and needs magic. “I was going to get the savior, that woman, but I can’t wait that long.”
- Emma said, “I am about to start playing an entirely different game.” And we’ll have a Custody battle!
We gave everything a brief overview and would love to hear your thoughts! Start talking about “The Return” in our Once Upon a Time forums.
Season-one finale party
Join us and other Oncers for a season-one finale party in northern Kentucky (near Cincinnati, OH). Register and get more details here.
Upcoming full episode and live show
Join us this Wednesday at 8:30 p.m. (ET, GMT -4:00) to discuss “The Return” in more detail. Visit the Noodle.mx Network live-streaming page to watch and chat live.
Please retweet this post!
Use the social buttons or retweet the following.
— Once Upon a Time Pod (@ONCEpodcast) April 23, 2012
What did you think?
- Email Feedback@ONCEpodcast.com (audio files welcome)
- Call (903) 231-2221
- Comment on the shownotes
- Post in the forums
- Visit any page on ONCEpodcast.com and click the "Send a voice message" link to record and send a message right from your computer.
Help us out!
- Share this post in your social networks
- Subscribe and leave a rating and review in iTunes
- Shop using our Amazon.com affiliate link
- Sponsor an episode
- On Facebook:
- On Twitter: Follow @ONCEpodcast
- Daniel J. Lewis: Follow @theDanielJLewis
- Jeremy Laughlin: Follow @phlegon
- ErinJ: Follow @erinjcruz
- Hunter Hathaway: Follow @travelingpixie
- Jacquelyn / RumplesGirl: Follow @punk_bunny_87
- Find and follow all the Once Upon a Time cast and crew on Twitter.
Check out more Noodle.mx Network shows
- The Audacity to Podcast: "How-to" podcast about podcasting
- Beyond the To-Do List: Personal and professional productivity
- The Productive Woman: Productivity for busy women
- ONCE: Once Upon a Time podcast
- Welcome to Level Seven: Agents of SHIELD and Marvel’s cinematic universe podcast
- Are You Just Watching?: Movie reviews with Christian critical thinking
- the Ramen Noodle: Family-friendly clean comedy