A lot of people are saying, “I was right!” right now, and some of us are, too.
Thank you, Jakob Davies, for being a great Pinocchio and for leaving such a nice voicemail for the podcast!
Big thanks to our sponsors!
You can sponsor ONCE podcast, too!
Bandwidth sponsor: Christian Meets World is a weekly podcast dedicated to interfacing Christianity with the world. Hosted by Jason Rennie, explore discussions about politics, worldview, philosophy, and more, all comparing to a biblical worldview. Join the conversation today at ChristianMeetsWorld.com.
Sponsor: GoToMeeting with HD Faces makes it easy to collaborate online anytime. Try it Free!
These are just our first thoughts about this Once Upon a Time episode, and we’ll share more in our upcoming full episode.
Some of our interesting discussion points (in no particular order):
- Special thanks to Jakob Davies!
- August is Pinocchio—a lot of people were right, a lot were wrong.
- We see exactly what August added to Henry’s book.
- Emma and August and leave Storybrooke.
- The Blue Fairy lied, and what kind of “final preparations” does she make with the other faires?
- Pinocchio was told, “Remain brave, truthful, and unselfish. So long as you do that, you will remain a real boy.”
- Mary Margaret was awesome with Regina. It’s almost like Mary Margaret is becoming the Snow White we know.
- David is honorable and doesn’t fall for Regina’s seduction. This reminds us of James with the Siren.
- Geppetto remembers what Jiminy did, and says it’s a debt that can never be paid.
- Will Emma and Henry be able to leave Storybrooke?
- Daniel and Jeremy’s clean-comedy podcast episode that involved a story about Once Upon a Time.
We gave everything a brief overview and would love to hear your thoughts! Start talking about “The Stranger” in our Once Upon a Time forums.
Season-one finale party
Join us and other Oncers for a season-one finale party in northern Kentucky (near Cincinnati, OH). Register and get more details here.
Upcoming full episode and live show
Join us this Wednesday at 8:30 p.m. (EDT, GMT -4:00) to discuss “The Stranger” in more detail. Visit the Noodle.mx Network live-streaming page to watch and chat live.
Please retweet this post!
Use the social buttons or retweet the following.
— ONCE podcast (@ONCEpodcast) April 30, 2012
What did you think?
- Email Feedback@ONCEpodcast.com (audio files welcome)
- Call (903) 231-2221
- Comment on the shownotes
- Post in the forums
- Visit any page on ONCEpodcast.com and click the "Send a voice message" link to record and send a message right from your computer.
Help us out!
- Share this post in your social networks
- Subscribe and leave a rating and review in iTunes
- Shop using our Amazon.com affiliate link
- Sponsor an episode
- On Facebook:
- On Twitter: Follow @ONCEpodcast
- Daniel J. Lewis: Follow @theDanielJLewis
- Jeremy Laughlin: Follow @phlegon
- ErinJ: Follow @erinjcruz
- Hunter Hathaway: Follow @travelingpixie
- Jacquelyn / RumplesGirl: Follow @punk_bunny_87
- Find and follow all the Once Upon a Time cast and crew on Twitter.
Check out more Noodle.mx Network shows
- The Audacity to Podcast: "How-to" podcast about podcasting
- Beyond the To-Do List: Personal and professional productivity
- The Productive Woman: Productivity for busy women
- ONCE: Once Upon a Time podcast
- Welcome to Level Seven: Agents of SHIELD and Marvel’s cinematic universe podcast
- Are You Just Watching?: Movie reviews with Christian critical thinking
- the Ramen Noodle: Family-friendly clean comedy