Now what? The curse is broken and we meet new and mysterious characters. Hear some first thoughts on the premiere episode of season two!
These are just our first thoughts about this Once Upon a Time episode, and we’ll share more in our upcoming full episode.
In the premiere episode, “Broken,” reality and myth begin to merge as the fairytale characters awaken from Evil Queen Regina’s broken curse and remember who they were. But to their dismay, they aren’t transported back to fairytale land. To make matters worse, Rumplestiltskin – aka Mr. Gold – in an effort to gain the upper hand in his power struggle with Regina, has introduced magic into the town. In fairytales magic has its place, but in our world it can have unfathomable consequences. Meanwhile, back in the fairytale land, Prince Phillip awakens his sleeping beauty, Aurora (Sarah Bolger, “The Tudors”), but discovers that he and his traveling companion, Mulan (Jamie Chung, “Sucker Punch,” “The Hangover Part II”), will soon have to face a deadly foe, on the Season Premiere of “Once Upon a Time.”
Big thanks to our sponsors!
- 17JedA: “Season 1 was a blast, we are 50 episodes in and magic has come, here’s to 50 more!!!”
You can sponsor ONCE podcast, too!
Some of our interesting discussion points (in no particular order):
- We’re so excited that Once Upon a Time is back!
- Dr. Whale is hiding his identity.
- Blue Fairy/Mother Superior can feel magic, but can’t do anything without her wand or fairy dust. Maybe there will be a secret mining operation to get diamonds to make into fairy dust?
- Enchanted forest and all of the lands of Fairy Tale Land were destroyed except for one small corner that was mysteriously protected.
- We met Mulan, Prince Philip, and Aurora (Sleeping Beauty)!
- There seems to be more to Aurora’s story and her family’s history with Maleficent.
- Emma’s touch on Regina not only made Jefferson’s hat work, but also gave magic back to Regina.
- Rumplestiltskin/Mr. Gold brought a wraith to Storybrooke with a medallion from his shop. What other magical elements does he possess?
We gave everything a brief overview and would love to hear your thoughts! Start talking about “Broken” in our Once Upon a Time forums.
Please vote for us in the Podcast Awards!
New live schedule
We’re switching back to our in-season live schedule!
- Initial reactions on Sundays starting September 30, at 9:15 p.m. (EDT/GMT-4)—right after the Eastern and Central episode airing.
- Full discussion, feedback, and live calls on Wednesdays at 8:30 p.m. (EDT/GMT-4).
On these dates, visit ONCEpodcast.com/live to watch and chat live.
Please retweet this!
Use the social buttons or retweet the following.
— ONCE podcast (@ONCEpodcast) October 1, 2012
What did you think?
- Email Feedback@ONCEpodcast.com (audio files welcome)
- Call (903) 231-2221
- Comment on the shownotes
- Post in the forums
- Visit any page on ONCEpodcast.com and click the "Send a voice message" link to record and send a message right from your computer.
Help us out!
- Share this post in your social networks
- Subscribe and leave a rating and review in iTunes
- Shop using our Amazon.com affiliate link
- Sponsor an episode
- On Facebook:
- On Twitter: Follow @ONCEpodcast
- Daniel J. Lewis: Follow @theDanielJLewis
- Jeremy Laughlin: Follow @phlegon
- ErinJ: Follow @erinjcruz
- Hunter Hathaway: Follow @travelingpixie
- Jacquelyn / RumplesGirl: Follow @punk_bunny_87
- Find and follow all the Once Upon a Time cast and crew on Twitter.
Check out more Noodle.mx Network shows
- The Audacity to Podcast: "How-to" podcast about podcasting
- Beyond the To-Do List: Personal and professional productivity
- The Productive Woman: Productivity for busy women
- ONCE: Once Upon a Time podcast
- Welcome to Level Seven: Agents of SHIELD and Marvel’s cinematic universe podcast
- Are You Just Watching?: Movie reviews with Christian critical thinking
- the Ramen Noodle: Family-friendly clean comedy