May 21, 2014 at 8:29 am #270764
How to make Chocolate Bowls with Balloons.
- 10 ounces finely chopped dark chocolate, divided
- Small balloons, filled with air
- Grease a cookie sheet or line it with parchment paper.
- Place 5 ounces of the chocolate in a heatproof bowl set over a pan of simmering water. Stir until completely melted. Remove it from heat and stir in the remaining 5 ounces chocolate until thoroughly smooth. Spoon 1/2 teaspoon melted chocolate onto prepared pan to form a small disk.
- Make sure the chocolate has cooled, otherwise the balloon will pop if it is too warm.
- Dip the balloon into the disk of chocolate, coating about a third of the balloon. Place the dipped end of the balloon on the chocolate disk. Repeat with remaining chocolate and balloons. Place in the refrigerator to set, about 30 minutes.
- In order to release the air from the balloon, pinch the balloon just under the knot and cut a small hole in the surface between fingers and knot. Very gradually release air; if air is released too quickly, the bowls may break. Carefully peel the deflated balloons from the chocolate bowls.