Okay, I have another theory about August being Baelfire. Well, sort off. It’s just things I’ve noticed. Think Star Wars.
– I think the writers once said they love Star Wars. That might be wishful thinking on my part, but I think they did say that.
– Rumple’s story is so much like Anakin’s story in SW. He’s afraid to lose someone he loves(Bae, Padmé) and makes a pact with the devil(The Dark One, Palpatine/Sith Lord). He thinks he will be able to save the one he loves with the power he’s given but still ends up loosing the one he wanted to save.
– Both Anakin and Rumple were told about the power by the one who posseses it to begin with. That person(The Dark One, Palpatine) seems friendly at first but has his very own reason for telling Anakin/Rumple about the power.
– Bae also says “I have a bad feeling about this”(famous SW quote as you know), or at least attempts to before his father interrupts him.
– The next episode is called The Return. Return of the Jedi?
–From the promo photos we know that Bae and Rumple will have scenes together that take place after Rumple becomes The Dark One. Therefor August/Bae returns, surely to try save his father. Hence the title The Return.
I am trying not to hope too much that August is Bae. I hope he is, but I don’t want to be disapointed if/when is doesn’t happen. We’ll just have to wait and see what happens next. There are several good theories out there, so who knows what’s true?