March 2, 2014 at 5:33 pm #249469nonnieParticipant
3X20 KANSAS – – FAVORITE and LEAST FAVORITE MOMENTS – – –
Last year AFTER THE SHOW EPISODE was completed, I always enjoyed coming to the forum to read this thread and see what everyone thought about the show. There were some lively discussions here…
So what ARE your favorite and least favorite moments IN 3X20 KANSAS – – –
.[adrotate group="5"]May 4, 2014 at 9:01 pm #266276nonnieParticipant
THE baby is coming, the baby is coming….
PENDENT harness the power / magic … without it you are powerless …
LOVE GLINDA’S DRESS
EMMA SAVING HOOK
Glinda’s assessment of WALSH / WIZARD of Oz
DR WHALE is so professional … even has a mask on his face…
ROBIN HOOD …
LIKE : RUMPLE / BELLE … DISLIKES: but Zelina separates them again ..
IT IS A BOY…. favor boys since my grandson came …
MM/Snow and PC not being able to keep their child…
Emma, PC, Hook, Robin and Regina… gathering of the forces to
Zelina … getting melted by Dorothy ….
GLINDA sends DOROTHY to off to see the Wizard the wonderful Wizard of OZ. . .
RUMPLE … tells ZELINA… I will find a way to kill you ….
Regina … choosing her own destiny … Robin getting Regina’s heart
REGINA changes and makes her own destiny… SHE gets the pendent and destroys it…
RUMPLE going after ZELINA but Regina stops her…
Regina is a hero for a day….
There is no place like home…
There is no place like home…
There is no place like home…
Zelina confronts Regina.. Our mother ruined you too…
I am going to give you a second chance
EVIL IS NOT BORN IT IS MADE… SO IS GOOD…
I should put his somewhere safe
REGINA HAS A smile on her face … what is she thinking… Does she still have RUMPLE’s sword.
REUNION OF GOLD / BELLE… after everything I did.. why do you stand by my side. Belle gives Rumple back his sword.. PROMISE YOU ME YOU WILL NOT GO AFTER ZELINA… YOU are better than that….
What you are giving me is more than what I have ever given you…
RUMPLE is proposing to Belle… give her the sword.
PC brings the baby back to Snow… Emma watches…
Hook thanks Emma … I won’t need magic in NEW YORK …
ZELINA’S treatment of Rumple …. She took his brain ( gold )
She made him leave Belle while she was unconscious.. Zelina did not hurt BELLE cause I bet that would have been the last straw.
ZELINA being jealous of a child…. shades of SNOW and Regina …
ZELINA humming to the baby…. ARE YOU GETTING THE IDEA I DO NOT LIKE
ZELINA… YOU are right …
EMMA GOING DOWN THE HOLE … THIS is not my idea of fun.
May 4, 2014 at 9:01 pm #266277schaendlichParticipant
- Dorothy! I really like her. She seems like a really plain, and ordinary teen girl, and I like that. She’s so lovable.
- Belle stands up for herself! Even if she gets knocked out, I love it.
- Rumpel drags Zelena across the ground. Can we get a full gif of that?
- Belle giving Rumpel the dagger back, and trusting him.
- Rumbelle proposal!!! I am so slap happy!…And simultaneously afraid and aggravated. (See least favorites below.)
- Mixed feelings about Zelena being spared by Regina. I like that Regina is doing this, I just think that in the long haul, it was going to prove itself to be a stupid decision.
- Rumpel, you are SCREWING your redemption. I was just happy about the proposal and you botch it. Man, can the writers make you stop fishtailing? Killing Zelena? Okay, fine with that. I would do the same. Lying to Belle and then proposing to her almost as a distraction? Are you out of your cotton picking MIND!?
- Oz looks very Enchanted Forest-y.
- Regina telling Rumpel (in so many words) to just get over his son’s death. Had she worded it in a different way, that at least conveyed that she understood, I’d be fine, but the way she told him off was just…obnoxious.
- Gold is right. She can’t be serious.
- I completely agree with Emma. There was nothing warranting Hook to be required to go with her, other than to rehash the same conversation that we’ve heard fifty times now (Yes, Emma. We know that it bothers you that you left New York.) , and also because… Plot Device! Ugh…Especially considering the fact that Hook had momentarily lost everyone’s trust, there is even less reason that Charming would require Hook to go with Emma to check anything out. Furthermore, Emma is right. Hook is a completely normal, one handed man. Emma implied that Hook would only weigh her down…which turned out to be exactly what he did. What is the point of that? I dunno, so that Regina can be the only one left to preform shiny light powers?
May 4, 2014 at 9:12 pm #266286RumplesGirlKeymaster
- Regina is the only one who can preform shiny light powers. Okay, I’m all for Regina redemption. When done right, and cooked to perfection, mwah! Love it. However, light magic had been shown to be a big thing. And I don’t buy for a second that Regina, Queen of Fishtailing, just decided to be good so hard that she is able to perform pure light magic. If her dark magic came out, laced with light, I would believe it, but her just saying “I’m different” and BOOM! She’s pure? I’ve got serious issues. Even with RH holding her heart, it’s still a heart that’s black as coal. And their love is still completely newfound. I don’t buy completely pure light magic coming from that. I just hope that she’s not able to perform light magic regularly now. That would just be too much.
I don’t know how I feel. Everything was okay for the most part up until the very end.
1) Flashbacks were fine. I liked seeing Dorothy finally. But this felt NOTHING like the Oz story we know. There were nods but it was really independent of Baum
2) I didn’t hate Regina using the light magic as much as I thought because it made sense in context
3) Henry’s speech
4) The happy family
1) Rumple lying to Belle. I have no words right now
2) Rumple senselessly killing Zelena after coming so far
3) Glinda is shady"He was a lot of things to me" "The only conclusion was love"May 5, 2014 at 12:00 am #266354Hook’s GirlParticipant
I loved how Hook called Emma out on her crap about thinking that she can still leave SB with Henry and go back to her “perfect” life in NY. Splitting herself and Henry away from their family & friends, especially taking Henry away from Regina.
Nothing is impossible on OUAT. Everything has a way of repeating itself. Keeper of the Keeper tread: https://oncepodcast.com/forums/topic/official-keeper-thread-3/#post-217924May 5, 2014 at 12:13 am #266357darkones1fanParticipant
I liked this episode but it felt underwhelming
Callbacks to the episode The Doctor
Callbacks to classic wizard of OZ
The Time Travel Spell (Surprisingly)
Call back to Peter Pan (Thank You, he did exist)
Baby Charming (Awww)
Set up to next weeks episode
Rumple killing Zelena: I’m very mixed on this, on the one hand it’s not out of character and something I can see him doing, but he did trick Belle and right after he proposed , so it’s not like Neals 180 in Quiet Minds, because it feel justified but on another hand it doesn’t. So I’m mixed there.May 5, 2014 at 1:24 am #266367thelonebamfParticipant
Oof, there was a lot of food for thought in this episode.
I really appreciate the direction they are taking Regina’s character. I think it’s very easy for characters to be stagnant, and exploring the new territory of goodness and redemption means we can make way for bigger baddies. I know we have true love to thank for this, and I don’t think it will be a perfectly straight path for the character, but I look forward to where it goes.
I loved the moment where Rumple gives Belle the dagger as a gesture of trust. This was sweet and meaningful, and while I groaned in agony when he showed up in Zelena’s cell, I can’t say it was out of character. If I was writing the big wedding episode, I’d say that Gold would go out of his way for a big lavish show, but Zelena would show up or it would somehow be made known that Gold had killed her and broken the bond of trust he had literally just formed with Belle- and Belle would have to leave him at the altar, because there’s no way you can have a marriage without trust. (She’d still love him, but I can see her refusing to marry him until that trust was rebuilt. Get yourself together, Rumple!)
So yeah, I guess I have mixed feelings on the dagger issue. On the one hand, it’s not OOC for Rumple, who is the grand daddy of trust issues. On the other, giving Belle a fake dagger while running around with the real one is basically a huge detriment to the way Gold’s view of Belle is portrayed. If he doesn’t think she needs to worry her pretty little head with the actual dagger, and thinks she won’t figure things out it really makes it seem like he thinks less of her. Ouch. Interesting for character development and drama, but a real shot in the arm for the shippers- myself included.
This isn’t new, but wow- can they please cut Hook a little slack? I’m glad that David remembered that Hook is a decent guy and stood up for him, I’ve been waiting for that for quite a while now. They got to know each other pretty well in Neverland so it drove me nuts when the entire Charming family was vilifying Hook for omitting facts out of a desire to keep them all safe. I know that Hook came on a bit strong to Emma in the beginning, but he’s never done anything but tried to be helpful while keeping his personal feelings on the back burner. Yeesh!
"Nothing is easier than to denounce the evildoer; nothing is more difficult than to understand him."May 5, 2014 at 3:20 am #266387GaultheriaParticipant
I’m glad to see Rumpel acting sensibly by making decoys of the thing that makes him vulnerable. I would have thought it would be standard practice for each new Dark One to make a bunch of fake daggers. If Rumpel’s behaviour is any indication, though, this might be a bad idea, since it seems to split the Dark One into contradictory personalities.
Gaultheria's fanvids: http://youtube.com/sagethrasherMay 5, 2014 at 4:07 am #266392PheeParticipant
Actually enjoyed this ep more than others recently…up until the end.
I did want Zelena dead, in no small part for the same reasons Rumple wanted her dead, but I did NOT want him achieving that by lying to Belle. Dude, you don’t freaking propose marriage in a fake way! He knew he was doing the wrong thing, you could see it in his face when he was hugging her, but he still did it. *SIGH*
In happier news, when seen in context, with all the build up to it, Regina being able to use light magic made far more sense and didn’t annoy me like the leaked peek did. It was nice seeing Henry encouraging and inspiring her. But then they had her smirk when she put the pendant away, which felt wrong, because if she has some nefarious plan up her sleeve, how was she able to use pure good light magic, because I wouldn’t think that would work if the person has ulterior motives?May 5, 2014 at 4:37 am #266395PriceofMagicParticipant
Rumple proposing to Belle- Finally a RumBelle scene 🙂
Rumple killing Zelena- especially as she was so smug that he couldn’t kill her until he revealed that he actually could then her whole attitude changed.
Regina still having shades of the Evil Queen in her- I take back all the bad things I said about Regina and OQ before this episode.
Glinda- She was too hasty in giving Zelena the job of the west when a day later Dorothy arrived in a cyclone. She put the pendant around Zelena’s neck before telling Zelena the price. Is there a shortage of chairs in Oz or something? Couldn’t Glinda magic up another chair for Dorothy to sit in instead of letting her sit in Zelena’s chair?
So Hook and Emma didn’t share TLK- Interesting
As for Rumple going behind Belle’s back- I think he meant every word he said to her. He didn’t have to go through the whole routine of “I’m giving you the dagger because I trust you” when she was already giving him the dagger. Killing Zelena was that last job he had to do. After killing Zelena, he probably went straight back home, swapped the fake dagger back for the real one and settled back down in bed with Belle who was probably asleep. Also since Rumple made the “deal” with Bae to avenge him, I think in Rumple’s mind he had to fulfil that deal since he’d already broken one deal with Bae (letting him go through the portal alone) so Rumple didn’t want to break another. I do hope Belle finds out and gives him what for because he was being deceitful to her, although he didn’t actually promise not to kill Zelena. But I hope the writers don’t use it as an excuse to separate RumBelle yet again.
All magic comes with a price!Keeper of Felix
The topic ‘3X20 KANSAS – – FAVORITE and LEAST FAVORITE MOMENTS – – –’ is closed to new replies.