Tagged: once upon a time
March 13, 2017 at 4:39 am #334197onceaholicParticipant
This episode surprised me because I actually liked it! Normally I find Hook and Charming centric eps to be super boring but this one kept me entertained. There were few continuity errors (if any), which also helped me get through the episode without cringing.
The Charming character development was amazing and long overdue.
I am hoping that Regina giving the hearts back, something that I have been calling for on this site for years, will actually happen now that they have highlighted their presence in the vault.
So sad about the kiss. Hope to see much more of Robin in the next episode.
I am now curious to see when Hook will figure out that he murdered David’s father (which was a tad predictable, btw) and how that will affect his relationship with Emma and the entire Charming family.[adrotate group="5"]
Keeper of Regina's braveryMarch 13, 2017 at 1:24 pm #334207MattParticipant
I was really not looking forward to this episode (not a massive Charming/Hook fan), but was very pleasantly surprised! Dare I say that it actually felt the most like a season one episode that anything has in a while for me? I loved the flashbacks, the introduction of Pleasure Island etc
The CGI for Pinocchio was actually really impressive and I love the involvement of him and August in the story. I agree that Zelena showing up seemed really unnecessary, although I do love her character and hope they utilise her properly again soon.
They really need to let Jane write more episodes – she just brings something to the table that many of the other writers don’t.March 13, 2017 at 4:33 pm #334219nevermoreParticipant
I generally enjoyed this episode, though like others, I’m not crazy about the Charming/Hook duo. But it was still surprisingly well done.
The flashbacks were well done, and actually helped develop Charming’s character. If nothing else, I’m just relieved that we’re not running in pursuit of the latest animal, vegetal, or mineral magical artifact of the week, in whatever half-baked random realm. In comparison to that, Ye Olde EF is so vastly preferable.
I enjoyed the Regina/Robin subplot, and the fact that it’s Snow Regina confides in. These two have really come far.
It was nice to see Dark One Rumple in all his morally gray glory. Except for the “sometimes maybe we’ll all see our sons” line, which felt strangely “direct audience address” to me and stating the obvious. I know DO Rumple is extremely theatrical, but that was a bit odd. Extra points though for Rumple #doingtherumple.
I think I am happy that King George isn’t a desiccated corpse forgotten in one of the mine shafts… Maybe?
The Pleasure Island + Pinocchio stuff was aesthetically well done
I sympathize with Zelena’s freak out, sort of — I have no idea how to think about genetics and paternity relative to Wish!Robin either. Still, when she’s not the designated snarky one, I find her character to be insufferably strident.
So, I had expected Hook to be Robert’s killer, and I actually appreciated the way he was so casual about it. But it’s still super squeaky. I hope the show deals with it beyond simply this standing as an impediment to his proposal — I mean, doesn’t this involve other people? Like Henry? And David? And Snow?March 15, 2017 at 10:02 am #334293thedarkonedearieParticipant
– Really liked this episode. The storybrooke scenes dragged a bit up until we saw King George but the flashbacks were the best in a long while. And I liked the twist that Hook officially killed Robert despite King George being the one to execute the killing.
– That Hook killed Charming’s dad. I honestly did not think the show had any stones anymore and with the upcoming potential CS wedding, I did not think they would have Hook do it. So kudos to them for actually doing it. I said I would not like the episode if they just brought back King George for one episode to show he killed Robert and then poof, go away after that. The fact that it’s Hook means it’s a storyline that still needs to play out, now that Hook remembers and obviously Charming and Emma are going to find out. And as far as Hook getting away with it again….I take issue with that. The show and Emma specifically has been consistent in saying that she forgives him for the man he was in the past. She understands he has changed and isn’t that man anymore. She has forgiven him for things he’s done in the past so despite this one thing being a tough one to swallow, I can see everyone eventually forgiving him. We know Hook was a bad guy in the past. And we know he is a changed man now. Nothing has changed. It will be shocking for everyone and there will be repercussions after Charming just gave his blessing, but I refuse to look at it as Hook potentially getting away with something again. That’s not fair.
– Hook asking Charming for his blessing.
– Robin and Regina kiss not working. Good. Get this side story over with already. He’s not the same guy. We get it. Move on.
– Rumple not using Robert’s hair in the deal and actually showing a soul as the DO. That was amazing. The layers of Rumple…..leave it to Espensen to peal them back effectively. For Rumple not to use something he retrieved in a deal because he empathizes with another Dad looking for his son, is just incredible.
– Charming vs King George battle in storybrooke.
– Charming getting angry and showing emotion about living up to be Prince Charming.
– Snow helping Regina cope and understand the Robin situation. These two have come a long way.
– Pleasure Island and Pinocchio. CGI looked great and I completely forgot we had never seen August after he abandoned Emma as a child and went off with those boys. Glad he had a role to play in Robert finding James.
– Charming still calling Hook a pirate in a negative way in the beginning of the episode. Like, I thought we had worked past this.
– The Zelena freak out. Talk about over-acting and just over the top nonsense here. I did not care for it.
– Robert not fighting back was weak. Not even a punch thrown….lame.March 19, 2017 at 8:00 pm #334580Patti BagadionParticipant
I give it 8 diamond rings!
The Hook and Charming Buddy Cop Spell Show – all they need are guests and a band!
The ring!!! I almost cried when I saw it.
Did not like:
WishRobin and Regina: Not sure why, it just didn’t work.
The topic ‘6 X 12 MURDER MOST FOUL – – What was your favorite and least favorite moments’ is closed to new replies.