April 18, 2017 at 2:05 am #336367MichaelBlocked
– Emma/Hook. Jeez please, just stop wasting so much time with these two already! Not buying it!
If you’re not buying you may as well either tune out or just not watch their scenes cause they’ve been around since S2 and they’re not going anywhere. They’re the main couple of this show if the last 3-4 years didn’t tell you that.[adrotate group="5"]April 18, 2017 at 8:05 am #336372RumplesGirlKeymaster
Y’know it just dawned on me…wasn’t Moe supposed to be in this episode? Looks like we got a cut Belle/Moe scene or a cut Rumbelle/Moe scene."He was a lot of things to me" "The only conclusion was love"April 18, 2017 at 8:50 am #336373AKAParticipant
Y’know it just dawned on me…wasn’t Moe supposed to be in this episode? Looks like we got a cut Belle/Moe scene or a cut Rumbelle/Moe scene.
Well that figures, heaven forbid we should concentrate on any other character development than Hook and Emma’s non development or regression of development or whatever we want to call her nowApril 18, 2017 at 10:09 am #336375
–Emma was always the Savior. She didn’t need to be 28; that’s just when she came to town. She was born the Savior because she was born of Snow White and Prince Charming and because of Rumple’s machinations. It was not because she was “of age.” That is nonsense.
Well Rumple prophesied she would return on her 28th birthday. So that was always going to happen.
Hook needs to come back to Storybrooke more than Snowing need to wake up and not fall into a forever-coma? Like, seriously? Someone rationalize that for me.
Snowing wanted their daughter to live happily ever after with her true love, like they did for years. It was them sacrificing their happiness for their daughters’ once again. Not sure why that needs rationalizing for you.
Charming and Hook have three lines about Hook killing Charming’s father and everything is now a-okay! Swell!
Yeah this irked me as well.
Ok Overall: 7/10. I liked it way more than all of you.
– Seeing Emma as child and watching Snow and Charming have to make the tough decision to not go after her in order to save the entire town.
– Banter between Rumple and Charming. Felt like Season 1 and then Rumple remembering when Charming said “Emma.”
– Banter between Rumple and Black Fairy. Juicy stuff.
– Rumple knowing that Black Fairy had Gideon’s heart. Many of you were annoyed that Rumple couldn’t detect that, and here he did, so you guys should be praising the show a bit here.
– Gideon leaving one flower for them to use. It shows he can fight it and that he wants to rid himself of his mother.
– Tiger Lily and the ripping of Hook’s shadow. Yeah, loved this. So Hook’s shadow gave Emma a wand that banished the Black Fairy all these years ago? Is that right? How on Earth did Tiger Lily get it. And she was responsible for Black Fairy going down a path of darkness? Was she her best friend? Hmm…
– Charming and Snow were awake at one point during the curse. Ok, yes this is a big retcon, so that’s annoying. But, I didn’t actually hate it. I thought it created some juicy dialogue and great character moments and everything that Snowing did when they woke up, was completely in character, same with Rumple, and Regina for that matter. For me, it doesn’t ruin anything in season 1 for me. The fact that they woke up for a small amount of time has no bearing on the rest of that season. All it does is show that Snowing once again sacrificed their happiness and now their daughter’s own happiness to save an entire town of friends and family.
– Hook and Charming talk. Ok, so Hook wants to tell Charming. Good. He apologizes for even thinking of leaving and destroying his memories. Good. Charming accepts his apology and, forgives him, and declares it was all in the past and that he knows he’s a changed man. Good. But the fact this conversation lasted a whole 2 secs is so annoying. A more reasonable conversation would have had Charming been more upset at first and then slowly over time forgiving Hook. It seems a little unrealistic that after the struggle he went through trying to find out the truth about his father that he would just so easily forgive Hook and forget about it.
– The macguffin flower.
– Still not knowing Black Fairy’s motivation and her plan. “When the darkness comes”…..huh?
– The end scene with everyone drinking the sleeping potion. Like what? How was it even in a liquid form? Did I miss something? It’s cute that all the town people did that for them, but what, so now is everyone just drowsy all the time? What a cop out to fixing a sleeping curse.April 18, 2017 at 10:12 am #336376
I thought TIGER LILY ran in a different direction when HOOK & EMMA went through the door. I was under the impression she had her own agenda … maybe she wanted to go back to her people…………. Why would she want to go thru a door where she knows / has said their was a great evil and a war was going to begin?
That’s how I saw it as well. But nope, let’s Hook bash instead. It does come so naturally after all.April 18, 2017 at 11:55 am #336383Francisco CasalsParticipant
The Black Fairy is a joke, plain and simple. Such an underwhelming character and acting, she looks and acts like a bitter retired cheerleader, am I suppose to be scared of her? A one-dimensional plastic-smile girl dressed like Lydia in Beetlejuice, that’s the entire show biggest villain, REALLY?! Even Peter Pan, which was a kid, was more intimidating and dark than her, gee, even a pissed off Tinker Bell on season 3 scared me more. The B.F. is supposed to be eons old yet she acts so immaturely, like a petulant kid. If she is supposed to be so cruel, yet in the flashback the extent of her “evilness” is escorting a kid out of a cell (and nothing else), some mean words and then squashing a bug, that’s it? Yes, if a family show, but if you can’t show child abuse then don’t show that scene at all, make her do something else. If she is crazy and delusional, lying to herself for the reasons to steal her grandson, then show us MADNESS and RAGE. If she is supposed to be cold and calculated using her grandson as a weapon in the final battle then show her being that, because so far she is nothing of all those things.
Talking about the final battle, the B.F. is possibly the worst strategist in the world (again not matching for someone who is supposed to be that ancient). Arriving in Storybrook ALONE, announcing her intentions (what is she waiting for, the planets to align to make the attack?) and then ok, byeee. Giving ample time to her enemies to mount a defensive/offensive strategy. There is not a real feeling of dread or anticipation if this is an all evil vs good war, there are so many sub-plots going on that the final battle doesn’t seem to be that threatening. For someone planning this final battle for eons, the B.F. should have enter this world with an army behind her right away launching an attack, an immediate state of emergency in all Storybrook, even a death at the end of the episode (you can pick any of those support characters that don’t do much). Create a REAL sense of danger for the Heroes and the audience.
At this point is easy to figure out, sensing this is the final season, what’s going to happen next. The wedding, the musical, MAYBE Ariel is finally with her Prince (What happened with the real Eric?), Zelena may flip YET AGAIN to the evil side in the last battle (you never know what way the wind blows with her) or Rumple, the Heroes win with Emma dying or not (Do you care at this point?), maybe flashforward to adult Henry narrating the story to his own kids, the END.
Favorite moments, the Charmings storyline, although I wished they would have focused on her relationship with the townspeople so when they help to wake them up, there would have been a more emotional impact or significance. Yes, Snow and Charming have saved their people in the past and present but let’s remember they are their king and queen, so it’s more of a duty rather than a friendship bond, which would have had more emotional impact. Who is ready for the wedding?!April 18, 2017 at 1:15 pm #336390
Who is ready for the wedding?!
No one on here is ready for the wedding bc everyone on here loathes Hook hahaApril 18, 2017 at 1:20 pm #336391RumplesGirlKeymaster
Guys please watch the spoilers. I’ve had to tag several in a few different threads."He was a lot of things to me" "The only conclusion was love"April 18, 2017 at 3:41 pm #336409shaunakParticipant
everyone on here loathes Hook haha
I don’t hate Hook. I DO hate CS and I after a lot of introspection, I have come to the conclusion that it is because in my brain I see them as a symbol of what this show has become vs what it used to be/what I would have loved to have seen.April 18, 2017 at 3:44 pm #336410
The topic ‘6×17–"Awake" What Were Your Favorite/Least Favorite Moments?’ is closed to new replies.