November 10, 2017 at 9:48 am #344348RumplesGirlKeymaster
Second half of this first arc is now in full gear! What did you think of 706 “Wake Up Call”?"He was a lot of things to me" "The only conclusion was love"November 10, 2017 at 9:00 pm #344361RumplesGirlKeymaster
GENERAL: This was a really good episode; it wasn’t boring, it had momentum. This new season (series?) is slowly finding its sweet spot which is a heady mix of nostalgia for the good ol’ days (Regina, Rumple and Belle) and new interesting characters (Ivy and Alice). The plot is still all over the place but instead of feeling like an incoherent mess and like the writers are flying by the seat of their pants, it feels mysterious and interesting.
–LOL at Roni with that bat!
–Henry defended himself with a Tron lunchbox.
–Bella Note has stray dogs hanging around it. Classic OUAT charm!
–Regina’s black outfit is just SO GOOD.
–The parallels between Drizella and Regina are great; I like these two together and I really enjoy watching Regina be a mother to a girl who reminds her of herself. Again, Regina is OUAT’s strongest in terms of character development over the years.
–“Things are always more fun when you start in the middle.”
–Bobby is switching accents every few seconds depending on if he needs to pretend to be Weaver or he wants to remind us that he’s Rumple.
–Adalaide Kane is *killing* this role! So glad she’s more than a random side character.
–Plot Twist: You really don’t want the Curse to break!?
–Lucy needs to tone it down a bit. I know Jared wasn’t setting the acting world ablaze when he was young either but Alison, while adorable, is just a bit….much.
–Rogers’s storyline still feels a bit disconnected right now. I’m sure it’ll sync up (the heavy Rapunzel overtones are getting more pronounced) but in an episode like this, it feels out of left field.
–Drizella killing the random prince simply to turn her heart black is fairly weird. It kinda simply didn’t make sense because it’s not like it put an end to Tremaine and her plotting. Why not just kill Tremaine or Anastasia?"He was a lot of things to me" "The only conclusion was love"November 10, 2017 at 9:21 pm #344367AKAParticipant
I thought this episode was good, my main problem is that there was so much going on it was hard to keep track of. I would give it a 8/10
Regina and Drizilla relationship. I liked that Regina was trying to help someone who she felt was just like her. She was trying to prevent Drizilla from making the same mistakes she made.
Rumple and Regina: They were my favorite part of season 1 and I loved them in season 2 and the first half of season 3. They had this friend/enemy or teacher vs. reluctant pupil relationship that OUAT loss after season 3A. I feel that we may be getting that relationship back and it REALLY excites me.
Alice: I say this every episode she is in, but I love her she is so interesting and I look forward to seeing her more than anyone else
I love the parallels that OUAT is making with season 1, it is very deliberate and I like figuring out who is who. Ivy is Regina, Alice is Rumple, Henry is Emma, etc. I think it is fun and cool.
Ivy: She is definitely the big bad and really good at it. I wonder what will happen if Henry and Jacinda kiss? Will Henry die? Whatever it was had Regina completely upset like we have never seen her before.
Regina and Henry: I love the mother/son scenes both in the enchanted forest and in HH
Henry and Jacinda: I think OUAT is trying too hard. Henry doing the “Say Anything” was cheesy. The fight scene was okay and somewhat funny but also rather cheesy. I think with them less would be more
Rogers: The one thing I have always disliked about Hook and now Rogers was the dramatic angst. I mean he looked through the file and I thought hey he has thought of something, but nope he is just being angsty. I want to like this new Rogers but not if he is going to react this way about anything that upsets him.November 10, 2017 at 10:37 pm #344379hjbauParticipant
I am pretty sure Henry was born in Phoenix, not in Boston. The whole line that Regina was the first person to love Henry was ridiculous. I am pretty sure that was Emma. She didn’t raise him, but that doesn’t mean she didn’t love him.
That Drizella stuff was a good start. I definitely think that was a blown up Rapunzel tower. I am glad Regina has her memories back.
Hook thinking he missed something and finding that picture of the guy with the tattoo on his wrist in his file of five papers was also silly, but that whole storyline seems pretty dumb.November 10, 2017 at 10:48 pm #344380StahlopParticipant
This was a good episode. I’m glad we’re finally getting into the season and aren’t dealing with so much exposition anymore.
Drizella is positively evil! She’s like Regina, Rumple, and Zelena combined. Revenge, over-zealous Mother, and sister envy all combined into one. It’s truly delicious to watch. And here I thought Ivy was going to be a one-note character.
Regina is now awake! She’s never had to deal with being both so I wonder how that will affect her, and her wardrobe.
I really want to know how Drizella tweaked this curse. Does Henry die if it’s broken? Will Regina spend the rest of the season figuring out how to circumvent that from happening? She and Rumple are definitely going to be teaming up in the future. Hopefully soon.
Rumple and Regina’s conversation about Belle and the lifetime they lived. Although, I’m not sure why she was so surprised about a fast moving realm. Gideon went through the same thing before he was reset.
Henry’s false memories mirroring Emma’s.
I’m liking the dynamic between Rogers and Tilly, but I’m still leary about his whole missing girl storyline. He said she’s been missing for 10 years so how long has this curse been happening? If she’s real, then she’s either another fairy tale character, or they’ve been cursed for a long time.
I’m very confused about Lucy and what she knows. She’s awake enough to know who Henry and Jacinda really are, but she doesn’t seem to know anything about their lives in the EF 2.0. I’ve been saying that Ella already had her when she met Henry, but now I’m wondering if it’s something else. Maybe she was created by the fairies to help Henry and Ella find each other in the real world, ala Dawn from Buffy the Vampire Slayer.
I really hated what Regina was wearing in the EF 2.0. It did not fit her character at all. I figured she might go for something a little more like her outfit from Heroes and Villains when she was an outlaw.
While I love how evil Ivy is, Drizella’s motivations and actions seem very petty. She killed a prince to blacken her heart? That escalated pretty quickly. Even Regina took awhile before she went all out crazy evil. Drizella took a few hours?
Are Rumple and Henry going to see each other in the past at all? Except for Regina talking about him, he didn’t even ask to see his grandson. You’d think after Belle’s death he’d want to see family, especially if they’re in the same realm.November 10, 2017 at 11:47 pm #344382GaultheriaParticipant
–Henry defended himself with a Tron lunchbox.
That provides a point for the timeline: Tron: Legacy was released in late 2010, and Regina says she bought the lunchbox for Henry when he was 10. (Of course, Regina could have bought it much later than 2010.)
I don’t remember if we already had all that information. The lunchbox looks familiar, from more than just the photo.
Gaultheria's fanvids: http://youtube.com/sagethrasherNovember 11, 2017 at 12:07 am #344384TheWatcherParticipant
It kinda simply didn’t make sense because it’s not like it put an end to Tremaine and her plotting. Why not just kill Tremaine or Anastasia?
Well she wants Tremaine to suffer. It would have made more sense to kill Anastasia completely. But this way it’s like torture.
Its like putting a glass of water just out of reach of a dehydrated prisoner.
anyway, I LOVED THIS EPISODE. I’m gonna say 9/10. No real complaints. So many questions. I am loving this season. I am loving this character.
"I could have the giant duck as my steed!" --Daniel Radcliffe
Keeper Of Tamara's Taser , Jafar's Staff, Kitsis’s Glasses , Ariel’s Tail, Dopey's Hat , Peter Pan’s Shadow, Outfit, & Pied Cloak,Red Queen's Castle, White Rabbit's Power To World Hop, Zelena's BroomStick, & ALL MAGICNovember 11, 2017 at 12:32 am #344385StahlopParticipant
–Henry defended himself with a Tron lunchbox.
That provides a point for the timeline: Tron: Legacy was released in late 2010, and Regina says she bought the lunchbox for Henry when he was 10. (Of course, Regina could have bought it much later than 2010.) I don’t remember if we already had all that information. The lunchbox looks familiar, from more than just the photo.
I think she bought the lunchbox back in season 2, or at least, that’s when we saw it.November 11, 2017 at 2:04 am #344387ry4christParticipant
What an excellent episode – I loved it!
– Adelaide Kane is NAILING it as Drizella/Ivy. Wow. From her tears talking about being the unwanted daughter to her switch to wickedly killing the prince – I believed it all.
– The “unbreakable” twist Drizella put on the curse and that it was her who cast the curse – definitely wouldn’t have even considered her as a contender until last episode. Her actually wanting to wake up Regina was a great twist too.
– Lana Parilla – after 6+ seasons, this woman can still make my heart ache for her character. What a truly cruel fate she’s been dealt this time – probably the worst ever, and that’s saying a lot. I’m so here for her journey reuniting with Henry.
– Henry and Jacinda/Cinderella this episode – I’m starting to believe their romance. Well done writers.
– Rumple and Regina’s brief interaction in the New EF. It’s so wonderful seeing these two both reformed and helping each other.
– Emma Booth continues to intrigue me. What is her game?!
– More Tilly/Alice!!! Her having Rogers push her in the wheelchair and her delivery and expressions while he did it was laugh out loud funny to me. Her line about it being better to start a game in the middle was great too.
– Step-grandma Roni/Regina teaming up with step-granddaughter Lucy was really fun to see. I also liked Lucy’s realization that Roni was Regina and that she went to look in the closet for the storybook as a callback.
– Regina is awake! With so many characters awake, it is truly giving this season a unique vibe from Season 1 that I really like.
– Rumple/Weaver helped Regina/Roni remember who she was with the adoption papers which was great. But why is he being all old-school Rumple and demanding favors? It doesn’t fit with the Rumple we saw in “Beauty” or in the flashback of this episode. I really, really hope something didn’t happen in the past New EF that turned him “dark” again. The storyline I want to see is reformed Rumple overcoming temptation and trying to reunite with his wife. Please, please no more back and forth with him. It will cheapen “Beauty” so much if that happens.
– Regina and Drizella’s interaction. I loved the parallels between Regina/Cora and Drizella/Tremaine. Seeing Regina impart her wisdom gained from S1-6 to someone else younger and in a similar situation as her was so awesome to see – her character arc has truly come to completion/full circle for me and I love it. While the actresses did an incredible job selling their new relationship, I wish there had been a line to establish the training had lasted at least a few weeks. That would have made things a little more believable. I also wish Regina had suggested to Drizella an alternative to killing Tremaine. She could have offered her a home with her in Storybrooke or something other than just, “No you can’t kill her, you’ll regret it.” Let her know there are other options than just murder or remaining in an abusive relationship with her mother.
– Where was Tiana? I don’t like when they have a said character-centric episode and then don’t show said character at all in the next episode. It makes things feel disjointed. Plus, it made more sense story wise for Sabine to be there helping Jacinda with the food truck for her business.
I can’t wait for our double episode next week!!!November 11, 2017 at 12:45 pm #344397hjbauParticipant
Also, now that Regina is awake, what is their explanation for why she wouldn’t just call Emma, Snow, and Charming?
The topic ‘706 "Wake Up Call" Favorite/Least Favorite Moments’ is closed to new replies.