April 26, 2015 at 1:41 pm #302644nonnieParticipant
When coming to the forums . . . I always love this thread . . . What were your FAVORITE AND LEAST FAVORITE MOMENTS from this episode 4 X 19 LILY . . .
I was unhappy with last weeks episode but ONCE has a habit of redeeming itself with other episodes so I am hoping for something really good tonight..
[adrotate group="5"]April 26, 2015 at 9:10 pm #302756
Before we all begin talking about fav/least fav, Matt and I have one request. Any conversation about ethnicity and Lily/Agnes are not allowed in this thread. We have one already open. Please take that part of the conversation–if you are interested in it—there and NOT here.
Any attempt to discuss race and the Lily/Agnes situation will be deleted
[/mod]"He was a lot of things to me" "The only conclusion was love"April 26, 2015 at 9:10 pm #302757MatthewPaulModerator
[MOD NOTE] While the casting choice for Adult Lily is controversial, due to the difference in ethnicity between Agnes Bruckner and Nicole Munoz, I ask that we keep that discussion out of this thread. This is a sensitive topic, and it would be for the best to not have it overtake this thread. If you must discuss it, please post in the following thread: https://oncepodcast.com/forums/topic/the-whitewashing-of-lily/ [MOD NOTE]April 26, 2015 at 9:16 pm #302760
Oh my word. I don’t even know right now. Like, where to begin?
–Welcome Agnes! I thought she did very well in the role of Lily.
–The Lily and Emma showdown in the road was very well acted. I was riveted, though fighting the urge to ponder the philiosphical ramifications of what was going on)
–The flashbacks were decent if a little expected.
–The Rumbelle goodbye. I hate feelings things for the ship I swore I’d never ship again. It’s a dark path.
–Seeing the Sorcerer
–The Lily and Apprentice Twist was cool
–The car chase was well done
–Emma acting the way she is. Emma, listen. If you can be pushed to darkness, then MAYBE Lily can be pushed toward light? So holding a gun to her head? Not so good, kid.
–Will got something to do, but once again he feels like just an obstacle to Rumbelle with no larger story.
–I am not okay with the insane amount of ship baiting for ships that aren’t going to be canon in the future, like SQ and SF. There were so many “SF” moments in this that it made me happy/sad. Mostly sad. Of course Lily has a necklace too.
–Seriously. FATE OR FREE WILL. Make up your mind, OUAT!
–HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!! OF COURSE ZELENA IS PREGNANT. GOOD. LORD. This is a soap opera. Just..END this madness with this ship.
–No seriously, Regina’s soul mate got her sister pregnant. Just..WHY for the love of everything?!
–Some of the dialogue between Lily and Emma in the past was really tortuously bad and cheesy.
–Zelena is pregnant. I cannot with this.
–Emma is in Neal’s apartment for the first time since his death and has no reaction. At all. I’m just going to leave it there."He was a lot of things to me" "The only conclusion was love"April 26, 2015 at 9:19 pm #302764KebParticipant
I…really did not like this episode. By the end I was honestly recoiling in horror from it.
A couple of likes:
1. Rumple’s confession to Belle before restoring her heart, and her expression as he left. That was beautiful. But those two always are.
2. The wolf distracting Emma. Nice callback there to previous mythology, even if it doesn’t (yet, please, A&E connect this somehow) make a whole lot of sense in this context.
And SO many dislikes:
1. Zelena pregnant with Robin’s child. Just ICK ICK ICK NO THANK YOU WTH. I thought for half a moment they’d find a way to make OQ almost palatable. It just got worse.
2. Emma fighting temptation to kill Lily before she’s done anything. I liked Regina’s talking her down, but that whole moment felt off to me for some reason.
3. The backstory with Lily. Somehow it almost seemed richer if it had ended where it left off before…I dunno. While the young actresses are awesome, I didn’t find it as engaging as other backstories. Also, the Sorcerer’s apprentice creeping in and telling Lily all this stuff…WTH? Why, how? I get he feels guilt but this is how he addresses it, some 14 years later?
4. The Charmings and their whole guilt complex. This whole thing with Lily has felt VERY OOC for both of them from the start, and they’ve done nothing with it so far to justify such an OOC situation–except to bring back Mal, which I’m still waiting for the real payoff for.
5. The Stuff They Left Out: Will’s backstory. He’s here, rescuing Belle’s heart with Gold, and no mention of Cora, no mention of Will’s history, no mention of Anastasia. I want to shake people now and shout “WHY IS WILL A REGULAR?” until someone explains. I love him and I loved his story in Wonderland and I NEED THIS TIED TOGETHER. COME ON. Also, I’m annoyed slightly by Rumple giving his “blessing” to Scarlet Beauty, not because it wasn’t the right thing to do in the situation, but because Scarlet Beauty is JUST WRONG and Will and Belle belong with other people and they BOTH KNOW IT. Having Rumple give his blessing feels as wrong as “Marian” giving hers to OQ…and we can SEE what a mess that is. I get that this is the middle of the story…and I am ranting…but GEEZ. Without Will’s part of the story, what they’re doing with Scarlet Beauty doesn’t make ANY sense at all, and they’re not giving us even hints.
…sorry. I’ll just be over here flipping some tables.
Keeper of Belle's Gold magic, sand dollar, cloaks, purple FTL outfit, spell scroll, library key, copy of Romeo and Juliet, and cry-muffling pillow, Rumple's doll, overcoat, and strength, and The Timeline. My spreadsheet: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6r8CySCCWd9R0RUNm4xR3RhMEU/view?usp=sharingApril 26, 2015 at 9:25 pm #302772WickedRegalParticipant
I can’t post anything because I’m afraid I will unleash a slur of curse words….so I’ll just wait.
"If you go as far as you can see...you will then see enough to go even further." - Finn BalorApril 26, 2015 at 9:34 pm #302779
Wait a second. I’m more positive than Keb.
How…did…THAT happen?"He was a lot of things to me" "The only conclusion was love"April 26, 2015 at 9:42 pm #302783KebParticipant
I really don’t know. And it was even an episode where Belle got to say stuff.
Keeper of Belle's Gold magic, sand dollar, cloaks, purple FTL outfit, spell scroll, library key, copy of Romeo and Juliet, and cry-muffling pillow, Rumple's doll, overcoat, and strength, and The Timeline. My spreadsheet: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6r8CySCCWd9R0RUNm4xR3RhMEU/view?usp=sharingApril 26, 2015 at 9:44 pm #302786
This episode was basically the middle of the road for me, honestly. Some good, some bad, and something truly horrible (but almost delightfully bad because it just confirms what I already know: A and E only like SHINY PLOT and not heart) If I had to rank it, it’s probably #3 of the season for me, after “Sympathy…” and “Darkness…”"He was a lot of things to me" "The only conclusion was love"April 26, 2015 at 10:23 pm #302799kpercymanParticipant
This episode was one of my favs up until Zelena. I just don’t like her.
Emma is starting to look rough which I love. I mean makeup is doing something right.
Didn’t like how predestined everyone is. It seems off kilter with previous seasons somehow lily could never be good from how I heard it tonight. The Rumple/Belle scene seemed rushed.
Hubby liked this episode because it doesn’t have a lot of the pirate (Hook). Didn’t know this about him but apparently he shipped SwanFire. He wants the pirate to be left on his ship and lost at sea. Go figure!
The topic ‘FAVORITE AND LEAST FAVORITE MOMENTS from this episode 4 X 19 LILY’ is closed to new replies.