May 26, 2014 at 8:39 pm #271348obisgirlParticipant
1) Favorite Episode? Snow Drifts/There’s No Place Like Home. Every time I go back and write a meta about the finale, there’s something new to love about it. It makes sense now why these two episodes were shown on the same night, it would have been really disjointing to watch There’s No Place Like Home a week later. Everything flows together perfectly.
2) Least Favorite Episode? The Tower. There’s been a lot of Snowing backstory episodes but Charming’s had very few episodes devoted to his character. It was nice seeing him face his fears about having another baby, and if he would be a good father. I also have a sneaking feeling it was cathartic for Josh since he’s going to be a father soon himself. I liked seeing a different Rapunzel. I didn’t mind that at all but the story was kinda weak.
3) What did you think of Zelena as a character/villain? Zelena was an interesting villain. With all the villains we’ve had so far on OUAT, there’s always been something a little sympathetic about them. They’re never black and white – evil just for the sake of being evil villains. I liked that Adam and Eddie’s interpretation of the Wicked Witch stayed true to that. I liked how they held onto her name for the longest time and once that came out, knowing that it means “light” — which is actually similar to what my real name means, it was a curious choice. But it makes sense now. I would have liked to see Zelena actually have a real second chance, trying to learn to be good again and have a real sisterly friendship with Regina.
4) Favorite moment? I have to pick only one? Really? Okay, okay, the Captain Swan kiss in front of Granny’s diner. I cannot get enough of that kiss, I try to reblog a gif set whenever I come across one I like on tumblr, and analyzing what’s beautiful about it and how it stacks up to previous CS kisses. Moment #2 would go to Past Hook vs. Present Hook. I laughed out loud so hard after I first watched the finale and still laugh when I re-watch.
5) Overall rating for the season? A[adrotate group="5"]June 8, 2014 at 10:17 pm #272962surayyaParticipant
1) Favorite Episode? Snow Drifts/There’s No Place Like Home. LOVED Emma’s character growth in them, was a very fun watch & felt like pure OUAT.
2) Least Favorite Episode? I have to go with the Tower as well, not because the episode was poor (& I too enjoyed Charming’s centric), it was just la very average for me compared to many of the other eps & I wish they had done more with Rapunzel.
3) What did you think of Zelena as a character/villain? I enjoyed her. Not in the same way I enjoyed Pan, but more in the same way I enjoyed Cora- I LOVED to hate her lol 😉
4) Favorite moment? This one is a little harder, I have so many favorite moments- but Killian punching out past!Hook, The scene leading up to the CS kiss outside Granny’s, the kiss itself (such a tender kiss) & Emma & Killian at Emma’s 1st ball, stand out most- probably because I just watch the finale again last night… Oh I LOVED Emma practicing magic at Granny’s (she was so happy) & again loved her scene doing magic with Regina at the bridge.
Ok, so those arent one moment, but I cant narrow 3B down yet lol.
5) Overall rating for the season? I’m going to go with A or 4.5 out of 5, Very little I didnt enjoy this season & I can see me rewatching 3B as often as I rewatch S1.June 9, 2014 at 6:30 pm #273038Jenna_BParticipant
1) Favorite Episode?
The finale. I liked that it was it’s own little story, and for the most part, pretty light. Sometimes the writers are so wrapped up with the Big Bad and crazier storylines they sacrifice some of the lighter moments that really are needed to create a good balance. I think they did a good job with Emma and showing her finally open up and accept her family & realize that ‘home’ is where your family is. There’s only so much you can do with each character when the cast is so large and premise so broad, but I think they achieved what they were trying to do when it came to Emma’s character development. I know a lot of people didn’t like that it was pretty much Snow Falls but that’s actually what I loved about it – I loved rewatching an episode with Emma, I thought that was a lot of fun.
2) Least Favorite Episode?
Quiet Minds. Neal’s death was completely unnecessary – a ‘bolder’ move would’ve been to continue his father/son journey with Rumple and see them try to work out their problems as adults. Of course that’s touchy-feely stuff and we know that’s A&E’s weakness. How would it compare to Emma & the Charmings? What would be similar/different? And if they really wanted to tell the story they crammed into a couple of episodes, they really could’ve/should’ve devoted an entire 1/2 season to it at the very least.
3) What did you think of Zelena as a character/villain?
I’m on the fence with her. She snarled a lot – what was that? And I was totally unimpressed with her motivation – more daddy issues? Really, guys? And it just doesn’t make sense that she would go to Rumple instead of Regina — Rumple essentially dismissing her didn’t make sense either – why not try to reunite the sisters, who you already have a lot of control over – think of the potential amount of magic and power you have there. I don’t think the Dark One would’ve let that opportunity slip out of his grip.
I think all villains are going to pale in comparison to our 2 originals – you can’t beat the Dark One and the Evil Queen; and Robert Carlyle and Lana Parilla continuously blow me away with their ability to show those characters teetering on that edge of good and bad.
4) Favorite moment?
So many!! The ball scene was a lot of fun. I know many didn’t like Rumbelle’s wedding interrupted but I really liked how their words applied to both Rumple & Belle, but also to the other couples on the show, and was an overall comment on what ‘true love’ is. I loved Neal and Emma commiserating over their failed relationships – that was an excellent moment. I loved the ‘you gave up your ship for me’ scene. NYCS – “Why are you wearing that?” – “Why are you wearing THAT?” Henry’s going to be able to out-sass the lot of them soon.
5) Overall rating for the season?
I’m still PO’d about the ridiculousness of the Rumple/Belle/Neal/Henry potentional just wasted.June 9, 2014 at 8:36 pm #273048JosephineParticipant
It’s bad that I’m still not at the point that I can evaluate this season.
Keeper of Rumplestiltskin's and Neal's spears and war paint and crystal ball.
The topic ‘Season 3B In Review’ is closed to new replies.