When we started our Once Upon a Time podcast, we knew the reception would be great and we would get a lot of interaction. We anticipated the need to eventually launch our own forums where fans of the show could come and discuss the show with other passionate fans.
We never foresaw how popular these forums would be. ONCE podcast now hosts the largest OUAT-focused forum on the Internet. Thank you for contributing to this community!
In the growing process, Daniel (me!) discovered more and more shortcomings with our forum software. So he decided in 2012 to wait for the most opportune time for the major transition to different software.
That brings us to today. Starting June 17, 2013, our ONCE podcast forums will be offline for this major transition. We plan to complete this before July. Please check back here for updates, or follow us on Twitter.
The new system will function very similarly to the previous system, but it will be much easier for me to manage and integrate with the rest of ONCEpodcast.com. It will also provide a better framework for adding new features (such as automatic embedding of YouTube videos—yeah, we know you’ll love that!).
Listed newest to oldest.
Friday, June 28, 2013
- Social logins are working for new users, but we haven’t confirmed for past users.
- All 3,700+ old URLs have been marked for redirection! THANK YOU!
Monday, June 24, 2013
- Social logins aren’t working yet. Please let us know if you login with Twitter or Facebook.
- We need help setting forwarders for the old system to the new system for each thread. It is a bunch of copying and pasting. Would you like to help?
Sunday, June 23, 2013
- Clearly, the migration has not been as smooth as we expected. But the kinks are being working out of the tubes and we may be able to bring the forums back this week.
Monday, June 17, 2013
- 10:39am—Import completed! Now for error-checking.
- 9:50am—The import is halfway finished with just crossing over 32,000 posts.
- 8:55am—Just crossed over 13,000 posts imported. 51,912 more to go!
- 8:30am—Published this blog post announcement.
- 8:27am—Locked current forums to minimize discrepancies during sync.
- 8:25am—Backed up all current files and databases.
Want to help?
This is a technical process, but we will need some users to test before a complete reopening. In particular, we need people who logged into our previous forums with Facebook or Twitter.
In the meantime, thank you for your patience. This switch won’t cost anything except for Daniel’s time away from his business. So this could be a great opportunity to consider donating to ONCE podcast to help make this possible.
Thank you for being an active part of our community!
ONCE podcast is the #1 unofficial podcast for ABC's TV show Once Upon a Time. The podcast is hosted by Daniel J. Lewis, his wife Jenny, and Jeremy Laughlin. ONCE podcast was a finalist for best TV/Film podcast in 2012.
For more in-depth reviews, theories, easter eggs, and talk about Once Upon a Time, subscribe to ONCE podcast for free in iTunes or your favorite podcast directory; visit the ONCE podcast website for screenshots, shownotes, and blog posts; and join the Once Upon a Time forums to talk with other fans.