Before the new season starts in three days, we share some of our hopes and prediction for season 5. Hear us talk about what we hope to see on Once Upon a Time season 5, as well as a few spoilers that we gathered just before the new season starts this Sunday!
The gang is almost complete, but filling in for Jeremy for tonight is the wonderful and more beautiful, Jenny! Not knowing everything about what’s going to happen in season 5, we would like to share with you a few of our Once Upon a Time season 5 hopes and predictions that we might see; what we hope to see coming forward into the story.
Once Upon a Time Season 5 Hopes and Predictions
For the next season, one of the things we hope is they do not drag the Dark Swan storyline for too long. We know that it will surely be tackled for the first half of the season, but we hope for it to not be dragged through the entire season 5. We also hope that we finally get to know what happened to Will Scarlet in Wonderland.
Another thing that we hope is for Emma not to need a True Love’s Kiss from anyone just to be free of the Dark One’s curse. She’s True Love Incarnate. She should be able to save herself on her own without having the need of a True Love’s Kiss, whether it’s from her parents, Henry or Killian.
Thank you for supporting us!
- David Neuland (subscriber)
- Steve Johnson (subscribe)
- Lisa Slack (subscriber)
- Tracey Anderson (subscriber)
- Daniel Clark (subscriber)
- Swangot Hooked (subscriber)
- Maryann Livoti (subscriber)
- Jessica Olsen (subscriber)
- Aimee Catellier (subscriber)
- Tappnbrd (subscriber)
- DJ Firewolf (subscriber)
- 24 Patreon backers ($142 per month)
Thank you for the podcast reviews!
Your reviews encourage us and help others find the podcast!
Please rate and especially write a review for us on Apple Podcasts.
Since Emma Swan was full of 100% light magic, and during the season finale it was said that what the darkness does is consume the light, we think that Emma will be wholly dark and evil now, probably even worse, perhaps, than Rumplestiltskin, and have to learn how to turn the darkness back into light. On the other hand, it would be nice to see Emma as the Dark One for a very long time. Ever since we knew that the Dark One powers can be transferred from person to person in the episode, Desperate Souls, we would like to see Emma as the Dark One for a very long time.
We also hope that, in the new season coming this Sunday, we would finally see the final battle begin just like what was said in the Pilot episode and have them battle the darkness itself, defeat it and end the series on that high note. It would be bittersweet to see it go, but we would love to see it go out on this final battle—good vs evil, light vs dark—which will be true to the Pilot. It will be a great end to the series; you cannot top the Hero going dark and coming back into the light and have another storyline later, however, can evil actually be defeated completely? Can they get rid of evil once and for all?
There are a lot of hopes for the 100th episode, as well as the end of Once Upon a Time season 5 but we could only hope that they would end it nicely and wrap up the story by answering all the questions that we have, ending it in a way that reassures us of hope, because that’s what the series is all about.
Once Upon a Time season 5 returns this coming Sunday, September 27.
What did you think?
- Email Feedback@ONCEpodcast.com (audio files welcome)
- Call (903) 231-2221
- Comment on the shownotes
- Post in the forums
- Visit any page on ONCEpodcast.com and click the "Send a voice message" link to record and send a message right from your computer.
Help us out!
- Share this post in your social networks
- Subscribe and leave a rating and review in iTunes
- Shop using our Amazon.com affiliate link
- Sponsor an episode
- On Facebook:
- On Twitter: echo do_shortcode('[twitter follow="ONCEpodcast"]'); ?>
- Daniel J. Lewis: echo do_shortcode('[twitter follow="theDanielJLewis"]'); ?>
- Jeremy Laughlin: echo do_shortcode('[twitter follow="phlegon"]'); ?>
- ErinJ: echo do_shortcode('[twitter follow="erinjcruz"]'); ?>
- Hunter Hathaway: echo do_shortcode('[twitter follow="travelingpixie"]'); ?>
- Jacquelyn / RumplesGirl: echo do_shortcode('[twitter follow="punk_bunny_87"]'); ?>
- Find and follow all the Once Upon a Time cast and crew on Twitter.
- 5×02 is entitled “The Price”, written by Andrew Chambliss & Dana Horgan; 5×03 is entitled “Siege Perilous” written by Jane Espenson and directed by Ralph Hemecker; 5×04 is entitled “The Broken Kingdom”, written by David H. Goodman & Jerome Schwartz; 5×05 is entitled “Dreamcatcher” and is written by Edward Kitsis & Adam Horowitz; 5×06 is entitled “The Bear and the Bow” and is written by Andrew Chambliss & Tze Chun, while 5×07 is entitled “Nimue”, written by Jane Espenson
- Meghan Ory is set to reprise her role as Red.
- It was said that Emma’s going to do something particularly bad from being the Dark One. Will it include having Emma kill Ruby? Or will Ruby help Emma get back into the light?
- Jamie Chung is also returning as Mulan in a multi-episode run, not only for the first half of the season, but also in season 5B
- Kitsis and Horowitz shared that they are finally going to explore an LGBT relationship into the show, saying that “We want the show to reflect the world as it is now. Whether that’s going to be with any particular character, we’re not going to say.” However, there are no clues yet as to who it will be.
- Olivia Steele-Falconer joins the cast as Violet, Sir Lionel’s daughter and Henry’s possible love interest. She is set to first appear in 5×05.
- Ryan Robbins was also cast as Sir Morgan
- No one has been cast as Sir Lionel just yet, but the description of the character involves a possibly recurring role of a distinguished knight who sits at King Arthur’s round table and is a single father
- Dalila Bela will also join season 5 playing Young Guinevere, Webb Hayes as Young Arthur, and Ehren Kassam as Young Sir Kay
- We’re going to be seeing a little taste of what happened of where Merida has been since the movie, as well as what’s happened to her since the end of it.
- Merida is also going to cross paths with some of the characters, as well as the Once Upon a Time mythology
- The producers are quick to debunked the popular theory that Merida is the unborn child of Zelena and Robin Hood
- There is going to be a time jump, but there won’t be any time freeze or time travel for season 5
- 5×01 “The Dark Swan” was written by Edward Kitsis and Adam Horowitz, and directed by Ron Underwood
- For 5×01, the heroes must band together to find and save Emma, which will require the help of an unlikely ally.
- Meanwhile, in the Enchanted Forest, Emma struggles to resist her dark urges as she searches for Merlin in the hope that he can stop her transformation.
- Emma also gets help from the plucky and brave warrior princess Merida, as well as King Arthur and his Knights of the Round Table
- Guest stars for 5×01 include Sinqua Walls as Lancelot, Raphael Alejandro as Roland, Timothy Webber as the Apprentice, Ingrid Torrance as Severe Nurse, Liam Garrigan as King Arthur, Andrew Jenkins as Sir Percival, Lee Majdoub as Sir Kay, Brent Stait as the Peddler, Elliot Knight as the Usher and Mckenna Grace as Young Emma
- One of the promo photos mostly include Rumple and Emma, King Arthur and Lancelot, a few of Merida but nothing more to tell about what is happening in Storybrooke
- Adam Horowitz also shared a little script tease for 5×01 involving Regina
- We liked the season 5 premier, but it left us more confused than before.
- Season 5 premier may be one of the stronger season premiers we’ve had in years
- There are a few confusing moments, especially in the opening scene.
- We will get to see a little bit of Sword in the Stone, and it was not subtle the way they’re trying to say he is Merlin
- Overall, there’s a lot of funny jokes; highlight is definitely the interaction between Dark One Rumple and Emma, which will be explained in the episode why Emma is interacting with Dark One Rumple.
- By the end of the episode, Sneezy becomes the town Sherriff.
- Merida’s story is explained a bit in the season 5 premier; you can tell what role she is going to be playing, as well as where her story is going to be
- There is going to be a lot of OutlawQueen and CaptainSwan interactions during the premier
- The ending is going to be kind of frustrating, even upsetting.